Career and Technical Education (CTE)
At Hoosier College and Career Academy (HCCA), your student can choose from a broad range of career-focused electives for a competitive edge for the future, to discover his or her path after high school, or to explore a possible college major. These CTE electives can provide a powerful introduction to fulfilling careers in marketing and business administration.
Business Administration —This pathway prepares students with foundational knowledge to formulate policies and directly manage the operations of businesses of all sizes and types.
Business Marketing —This pathway prepares students to plan, coordinate, and implement marketing strategies, advertising, promotion, and public relations activities.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
Small Business Owner
Public Relations Manager
What courses are available?
- Nutrition and Wellness—Health Sciences elective
- Interpersonal Relationships—Health Sciences elective
- Intro to Health Sciences—Health Sciences elective
- Health Sciences I—Health Sciences elective, will be offered in school year 2020–2021
- Health Sciences II—Health Sciences elective, will be offered in school year 2020–2021
- Principles of Business and Marketing—Business elective, 2 credits
- Principles of Marketing—Business elective, 2 credits
- Intro to Computer Science—IT elective
- Computer Science—IT elective
- Digital Apps—IT and Business elective, 2 credits
- Capstone–Employability: For students who have completed a pathway but need to fulfill employability requirements (usually for seniors), 1–6 credits
- Capstone–Portfolio: For students who have completed a pathway but need to fulfill employability requirements (usually for seniors)
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Wednesday, September 1, 2020.