How It Works
Parent Involvement in Online School
As a parent, we encourage you to be involved in your child’s education at Hoosier College and Career Academy (HCCA). You can play an active and important role by:
- Providing academic support, motivation, and guidance throughout the school year
- Ensuring your student is on track with assignments and coursework
- Communicating with teachers
To help you support your student, you have access to HCCA teachers, academic advisors, and the school counselor via telephone and email. We also keep you up to date with regular progress reports, real-time assignment logs, and conferences with our dedicated advisors.
Benefits of Attending HCCA
Like a traditional full-time public school, HCCA encourages students to develop responsibility for their academic progress. That means they have assignments, due dates, and deadlines. But our online environment offers some benefits that may be harder to come by in a traditional brick-and-mortar school, including:
- Some flexibility in terms of the times and places students do their work
- More ease in planning coursework to accommodate your student’s part-time job, sports or volunteer activities, or your family’s needs
We also recognize students seek to become more independent as they advance. Our program is designed to help them explore that independence, while still providing the necessary guidance, support, and expertise they may need.