Career and Technical Education (CTE)
At Hoosier College and Career Academy (HCCA), your student can choose from a broad range of career-focused electives for a competitive edge for the future, to discover his or her path after high school, or to explore a possible college major. These CTE electives can provide a powerful introduction to fulfilling careers in marketing and business administration.
Business Administration —This pathway prepares students with foundational knowledge to formulate policies and directly manage the operations of businesses of all sizes and types.
Business Marketing —This pathway prepares students to plan, coordinate, and implement marketing strategies, advertising, promotion, and public relations activities.
Some of the jobs include:
- Small Business Owner
- Promotions Manager
- Accountant Executive
- Art/Graphics Director
- Media Buyer/Planner
- Public Relations Manager
Certification in Information Technology – Trained staff guide you through preparing for industry certification, taking practice exams and testing at you own pace.
Current Certifications Offered: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Word, CompTIA IT, CompTIA Fundamentals, Cybersecurity
Human & Social Services – Focuses on indivials, families and communities
Careers include: Counselors, Therapists, Social Workers, Barbers & Hair Stylists, Crematory Operators, Funeral Attendants, Exercise Trainers, Personal Care Aides, Spa Managers and more.
What courses are available?
- Principles of Business and Marketing—Business elective, 2 credits
- Principles of Marketing—Business elective, 2 credits
- Intro to Computer Science—IT elective
- Computer Science—IT elective
- Digital Apps—IT and Business elective, 2 credits
- Capstone–Employability: For students who have completed a pathway but need to fulfill employability requirements (usually for seniors), 1–6 credits
- Capstone–Portfolio: For students who have completed a pathway but need to fulfill employability requirements (usually for seniors)